Monday, May 18, 2015

Confess by Colleen Hoover book review

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover, a new novel about risking everything for love—and finding your heart somewhere between the truth and lies.

Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…



Information and purchase links to Confess here Simon & Schuster Australia



My review




Confess is a fantastic New adult novel that will not only have you reading but have you devouring it in no time at all.

With so many emotions throughout this story, Colleen Hoover has written a story with confessions provided to her from fans. This has been entwined amongst the pages giving it the depth and certainly a different spin to this story.

What I enjoyed most was that this was like no other story - original one of a kind .. Two broken souls so much alike but so very different. The way they connect - and the fact that you will be wandering in which direction the story goes at each turn of the page will have you wandering what will be revealed and what will be kept inside.


One of my favourite quotes.

I'm scared I'll never feel this again with anyone else," I whisper.
He squeezes my hands. "I'm scared you will.”

Owen did seem to tell way to many lies, I felt at times this kind of had me wandering what future the pair of them had. But in saying this - we get an ending that we are not only gleaming at but content with.

By the time I had finished the last page, the pieces came together - the book was finalized well, with all queries and thoughts I had throughout the book resolved.

In saying this an epilogue or something would not have gone astray lol

This book contains everything one could want - heartache and loss, angst , pain and lies, secrets buried and truths revealed and possibly redemption within the circle as it unfolds.

A wonderfully delivered NA book !!



Thank you to Simon & Schuster for providing me with this book to review for my honest opinion.


 

No comments: