Saturday, September 13, 2014

Rogue by Katy Evans Book Review



ROGUE by Katy Evans
Series: REAL #4
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult
Release Date: July 29th 2014
Length: 320 pages

http://books.simonandschuster.com.au/Rogue/Katy-Evans/The-REAL-series/9781476755618


The fourth story in the new adult series that began with the New York Times bestseller Real, featuring Brooke's best friend, Melanie, and the ROGUE she can't resist.

Greyson King...
My boyfriend. My friend. My protector. He's the reason I wake up every morning with a smile on my face, and the reason I fall asleep limp, worn out, and aching for his warm arms around me. When we make love, he says my name like it means something. Like I mean something.
He
Lied.
His name is Greyson King, but his alias is Zero.
There's zero trace of him, he has zero past, and now I know that with him, I will have zero future.
He may leave no trace of him anywhere, but his imprint is in me, in my very soul--and I hate that a mere look at him commands the beat of my heart. The temperature of my body.
I've looked for love my entire life. I've waited for the butterflies, the rainbows...
Instead I'm in a free fall of emotions and there's no one to catch me but the one man I should be running away from. The one man I thought was my prince charming.
Except this prince charming went rogue.
Greyson will stop at nothing to make me be with him. He'll let no one stand in our way, will allow no one to threaten me, and maybe this is what scares me most of all...
What will my rogue do to keep me



My review 3.5 / 5



3.5 stars ! 

ROGUE is Book 4 in the Real series. It can be read as a standalone but I would recommend reading them all. Katy Evans writes her men raw, hot and dam Delicious.   

In this instalment we meet another hottie , bad boy ...

Welcome - Greyson King  ( inserts wolf whistle here )) He is wired and intense and he and Melanie have a smouldering , fiery - hot chemistry that is  off the charts.

Rogue is  told from  - Dual Pov's - we see both sides of the story, giving the storyline depth, definition and lots of food for thought. We see why the characters Greyson and Melanie  did what they did , the way they think and the actions between them both. I enjoy reading a book from both POV it gives us thought to both parties throughout the story.

Greyson is an alpha male protective , loving and  a beef cake for all the ladies reading.  When reading this story we get  to see his feelings and thoughts even though at times Melanie may not have.

What started as one night leads to so much more. Passion, dirty hot sex, and  no inhibitions just  a down right sexual feast but all this stems onto a much more defined relationship between the pair. 

 
Melanie came across as a woman with low self esteem and at times a bit to desperate to find love -  but saying this the romance and love was certainly there and hot. She defiantly knew what she was after and had no problem going after it.

 She wasn't my favourite out of the lead females in Katie's books but I did enjoy her and Greyson's story. As a reader we can see the emotional depth within these two characters. Overall I enjoyed them much so.

I love Katie's writing - she brings her characters to life and her stories are always entrancing. The sex scenes are always more then just hot smoking sex they show the interaction, love and affection at so many different levels. Katy writes her sex scenes raw, and so dam norty it will scorch your reader. Love how she doesn't hold back she gives it all to us ! and her   her characters. 

Rogue is a fast paced love story with lots of attraction, filled with redemption, growth and many sexy moments. I personally loved the attraction and the love scenes.  For anyone loving romance and steam this is a great mix of everything you will enjoy this story.

At times I felt a little lost in this installment, it was fast paced but at times I feel like I missed something along the way. But saying this I did enjoy this story.. It kept me hooked the entire time.

Myself personally I wasn't overly fussed on a few of the secondary characters, but as the pages flew by they definitely grew on me . Pandora is a rather interesting character and after reading about her I can see her story coming.


We see characters from the previous books also in this installment , it was nice to see Remy, Brooke and Riley in this story. I enjoyed the mingling ... it was short but present.


Be warned  Greyson is a BAD BOY ! he will make your panties wet and your heart beat.. ** blushes**


QUOTES

Whoever you end up with, just know you were mine first. A part of you will always be mine. When you find your prince charming, the one who has everything you’re looking for, perfect, you’ll still be my f*King princess and not any other’s.”


Thank you to Simon & Schuster Australia for providing me for this copy for my honest review.

No comments: