Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Torn by K.A.Robinson Book Review




Chloe hasn't had the best life. With a mother who is gone more often than not, she has had to raise herself. After graduating high school, she leaves to start a new life away at West Virginia University with her best friends Amber and Logan, determined to leave her demons in the past. 

On her first day, she meets a stranger who takes her breath away at first sight. Until she met Drake, no one had ever sparked her interest. Now this tattooed and pierced bad boy is all she can think about, no matter how hard she fights it.

Falling for Drake was never part of her plans, but when it happens, things seem to do anything but fall into place.

Dealing with a tragic past, Drake has never cared about anyone else but himself and his band. But when Chloe takes the empty seat next to him in class, things start to change. Instantly drawn to her, he begins to wonder if one girl can take a cold hearted womanizer and change every part of him?

Long hidden feelings are revealed and friendships tested to the brink.



My Review
***

I have to say I enjoy the young adult genre, but found this book fell into the same ol same ol routine for me. Bad boy – love triangle. Etc  But even thought I say this , I did enjoy it, and continued to read on. 


As much as I did love Drake * bad boy tattooed etc.  My favourite kind of male character  I have to admit he  was deliscious none the less. This story was a quick read for me and did hold my attention.

Chloe wasn’t the most likeable character, but I didn’t mind her. Logan and Her relationship fell into the same ol routine for me, like I had read this before. But I didn’t not enjoy this story. 

I enjoy sexy moments, and these were put forth well. I do like steam and hotness in my reads and this author did put forth this well.

I liked both the male lead for different qualities, Drake was straight forward we knew what he was all about – Logan was caring and in love with Chloe but a gentler type. 

Chloe was a tad self-cantered – and very immature, and I have to say I didn’t really like the love triangle so to speak. Or maybe it was her double doing ways.

But in saying this I did read this book in one sitting, enjoyed the writing, the storyline ,but just certain aspects aka character qualities spoiled it for me.

I will be reading the second book in the series, I am eager to find out how this all pans out and I did enjoy the authors writing. 



Big thank you to Simon and Schuster for supplying me with this book for review for my honest review . 

No comments: