Saturday, August 31, 2013

Lexia - Rachel M Raithby Book Review



Title: Lexia
Author: Rachel M Raithby
Series: The Deadwood Hunter #1
Release Date: July 23rd 2013
Age Group: New Adult
Genre: Paranormal Romance


Goodreads-badge-add-plus

BLURB
Lexia thought she was normal, ordinary...

Lincoln thought he’d spend the rest of his life seeking revenge...

Find out what happens, when the one you love is your enemy...

When Lexia sneaks out one night to go to a party, she hardly expects to be attacked by vampires. Much less be able to kill them with her bare hands.
That night triggers events Lexia can't escape and soon she struggles to keep up a facade around her friends and family.
And then there's Lincoln; she finds herself irresistibly drawn to him. But Lexia senses he wants something more dangerous than a simple romance.
Lincoln has secrets and what she learns changes her life forever.
A
story of love, loss, and, betrayal.
Lexia and Lincoln’s lives will never be the same again.

 
 
 
 

This Debut novel was provided too me by the author for my honest review and I have to say it rocked my reader...

I read it with baited breathe, starry eyes, and blood pumping at many a scenes. It hooked me from within the first pages.

I enjoy a shifter romance – filled with exhilarating and powerful connections, lust, love and smoking hot scenes. This book did not disappoint. It kept me on the edge of my seat, and the ending I just wanted to pull my hair out of frustration, and needing
book two. LIKE NOW!!! Sob sob……


Rachel has jam packed this story will lots of action, adventure, mystery, heartbreak, love and new discoveries and for those who like their reads hot – there are many loving moments that will have you panting …

There were some holly hotness – and well written sexy – smoking passioate scenes, that will not only have your panties in a twist but have you purring along with that Black Panther. ** purrrrrrrrrrrr**
So for all those like some tango within their reads this will please you ! ** blushes**

We follow Lexia on a journey of discovery – we see her coming to terms with what is inside of her and at times trying to take over, but Lexia is fighting the darkness that wants to consume her.

However at times – it’s like a raging river, just wanting to pour through her blood. Take over – consume her body and her soul. We see her fighting her calling many a times. But also see it be unleashed and let me tell you she kicked some serious arse !

The blood running in her veins is strong – determined and vengeful , at times for all the right reasons to protect the ones she loves... We see many heartbreaking moments for Lexia and I have to say I felt for her at the loss of a loved one. Her normal life seems not so dull and boring compared to the life and supernatural beings, she never knew existed before.


The plot was fast paced, easily flowed and was well put forth. The story was well written, dialogues all ran smoothly and continued on smoothly.

Rachel effectively created a great balance within the story – all her secondary characters given their own places within the story and also giving us a laugh or two along the way.

We were given mystery and mayhem – secrets were revealed. And the ending doesn’t get me started... I eagerly await the next instalment and to see where this new shifter blends in. (( Intrigued ))
I enjoyed watching the relationship develop between Lexia and Linc. Many a times, I wanted to pet his velveteen coat,
listen to him purrrrrr… sigh - The author has given us a hero – hotty to swoon after, one whom loves dearly and protecs without thought.

We are shown depth into the characters along the way – and definition into whom they are. This I like to see in a read, filled with emtion so that as a reader I can feel within the pages.
The descriptions were well fleshed out , making it a hot, action packed read on many occasions.

Unique filled action packed story,filled with love, loss and betrayl.

Heart-wrenching, romantic, steamy and simply unputtable-down.

Fantastic
first book in the series and I eagerly await more.
 
 
 
 

About the Author


I've being reading books for as long as I can remember but I never thought about writing until I read Nalini Singh - Slave to sensation which is the first book in her psy-changling series.

At first I just wrote fan fiction until one morning I woke up with a story of my own. Lincoln and Lexia where born!

I spent 6 solid months writing and re-writing and now their story is ready to go out into the world.

I have lived in England, New Zealand and currently live in QLD Australia but to me England will always be home.

I've been a dish washer, Admin assistant, horse groom and now spend my days looking after my 2 children and writing as often as I can.

Stalk Me!
 
 
 

1 comment:

katsblog said...

Really great review! You got it in a nutshell, I also am awaiting with bated breath to find out what happens next! :)