Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Caine's Reckoning - Sarah Mc Carty Book Review




The Hell's Eight is the only family he's ever needed...until he meets the only woman he's ever wanted.

Caine Allen is a hardened Texas Ranger — definitely not the marrying kind. But when he rescues a kidnapped woman and returns her to town, the preacher calls in a favour...one Caine's honour won't let him refuse.

From the moment he beds Desi, Caine knows turmoil will follow. Desi might have the face of a temptress, but she also has a will of iron and while she needs his protection, she's determined that no man will control her again. They establish an uneasy bond, but it isn't enough for Caine. He wants all Desi has to offer. He wants her body, her demands...everything. Yet there's still a bounty on Desi's head, and keeping her satisfied is proving easier than keeping her alive.




Review




Being familiar with erotic novels and being one of my favourite’s genres this erotic romance, sucked me in within the first pages. I have a soft spot for a hot cowboy romance and this historical romance  certainly was a treat for me. Yeeeharrrrr ! Ride em cowboy !


This is my first book of Sarah’s and I have to say I thoroughly enjoy her writing style and story - The characters and of course the smoking hot loving within the pages.




I felt connected at a majority of the times with the characters and the storyline, and have to say at times a little angry as well.

Sarah has written her words well, letting the reader feel the emotions within the pages. I as a reader like to see and feel within the story I am writing - I feel that an authors job has been done if you have connected within the storyline itself.

I  have to say - I was even slightly peeved at the way in which women were treated in those days. Men had to grow up way to fast and women had to tough it out, and just deal with the way in which men treated them.   So much like in this era .


Sarah has fleshed her characters out well, giving them depth and definition. Strong and weak characteristics within each and everyone, but this made the characters flawed in their own ways but also I found it made the characters whom they were.


Caine - Our cowboy is certainly an alpha male, he is funny, made me giggle many a times - he oozes sex on a stick, he is a protector and there are many qualaties as a woman I can certainly appreciate ** waggles eyebrows** lol.


His caring personality certainly shown through, but we also see his sensitive side towards Desi.


Desi is a strong willed female character whom is emotionally scarred from her past. At times I have to admit I found it hard to relate to her character,  more so her pain , she suffered, the guilt - but I also enjoyed her will and her tough exterior. She was certainly not only opinionated ,which I love in a female lead but admirable and tough as nails. As the story progress’s we see growth, trust and Desi grows with the help of a strong man by her side and a strong family suit that follows with the Hell's 8 .

The secondary characters blend well into to the story without overtaking the main story. I loved the Hell's eight family and the close nit community that they have taken on with each other.


The storyline flows smoothly, lots of laugh out loud moments as well and moments where you panties may even bunch and others where you will want that gun yourself to deal with such ass hats.


One - of my lol moments would have to be when we meet - Cantankerous . When you read the storyline this will make sense, but what will make you laugh more, is the way to appease this horrid creature ( pmsl ) His pacifier – snickers …….

I enjoyed watching Desi grow as she found her way around the ranch – building herself and also realizing that just being  all that she is  that was ever wanted. There was no need to please anyone.


Caine’s Reckoning is a well-balanced story of love, friendship, laughter, hope and survival and most of all family – even though it may not be blood. Family branches from all whom surround you and hold your heart.


For all those who love a cowboy – erotic romance with an emotional rollercoaster then this is for you.

Thank you to Harlequin SPice for sending me  this book for an honest review.

Next up is Sam's Creed , and I eagerly look forward to this next instalment.



You can find more information at Harlequin website and also about Sarah HERE  as well.

No comments: