Thursday, May 23, 2013

Burning Sage - Deena Remiel Guest Post





BURNING SAGE





Blurb: Sage Wilcot, an accomplished scientist, has set her sights on her lifelong obsession, studying the volcanoes of the island of Santorini. Once there, though, she gets more than she bargained for. The dormant volcano is waking and shaking things up in the process.



An enigmatic stranger—from a mythical ancient city—comes to her rescue and challenges her to believe in the unbelievable. Will she take the huge leap of faith for love’s sake or stay cloistered in her fortress of certainty and solitude?










About the Author: It was the mystique of Arizona’s history and landscape that called to Deena and catapulted her career as an author. When she’s not writing romance and urban fantasy in the wee small hours of the morning or in the deep, dark of night, Deena teaches language arts to middle school students. She currently lives in Gilbert, Arizona with her husband and two children, but New Jersey will always tug at her heartstrings. She believes in angels and loves connecting with her fans, so find her at deenaremiel.com.

 

WEBSITE    TWITTER     FACEBOOK    BLOG    PINTEREST



Where Does Inspiration Come From?

One word. EVERYWHERE. One never knows when it will hit either. In my case, inspiration came from a simple request: Can you write me a story? It took all of a nanosecond to say, of course! So there is the initial inspiration. Then came the hard part. What to write?

I pull my stories’ inspiration from settings. So, as I sat back and relaxed, an image of an exotic place emerged. White-washed buildings hugging cliffs over-looking the Aegean Sea. Where was this place? Oddly enough, a doctor’s office painting I’d seen years ago came to the forefront of my mind, and I recognized it as the island of Santorini, off the coast of Greece. I had to set my story there.

The second phase of inspiration comes from research. When I trekked through the internet to learn all I could about Santorini, a provocative notion rose to the surface. The myth about Atlantis residing beneath the island! And that seed turned into a paranormal plot that captivated me from the first word to the last.

I hope you get lost in the mystery and romance of Burning Sage…


 


GIVEAWAY
Win one of 5 copies of Ghost of a Chance by Deena Remiel.
 



a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

Brynna Curry said...

Thank you for hosting Deena today!

Deena said...

Hey there, Kat! Thanks so much for having me here today! :D I really enjoyed sharing my inspiration with you and your readers. :D