Sunday, March 10, 2013

Take Me - Break Me - Cari Silverwood Arc Book review

 








Jodie is scraping the barrel trying to stay afloat. An idea arrives that could rescue her finances and bring her together in a kinky way with a man she never gave up on. She's terrified and fascinated, and tempted as hell.

Capture fantasies rule her eBook. Re-enacting one in a documentary would surely be irresistible viewing to millions of women?

But Jodie and Klaus discover that underneath an ordinary man dark desires may lurk. What will win in the end? The man and lover, or the monster?

Warning: Capture fantasy; dubious consent; anal play; M/f as well as one m/f/f/m scene; BDSM themes including caning, spanking, bondage, and needle play. Also contains one beginner Dom who is exploring sadism but is still working out how and when to stop.







My Review

For those of you who like capture fantasy stories, or have even thought that maybe one day it may be something you like. Pick up Cari Silverwood's new release Take Me, Break Me her latest novel, it surely is a fascinating look at a new Dom discovering the darker side of his nature (Sadist) and a sub learning to let go and enjoy the aspects of The BDSM lifestyle and being submissive.

Even though the story does start out as a fake capture fantasy, as the novel progresses and the relationship continues. They both make discoveries of their own. It certainly is a new beginning for both. I enjoyed being taken along the way seeing the progress between a new sub and Dom learning what they both like. Being pushed to limits they didn’t know they had and just letting go.

As the reader I liked how the point of view changed from one to the other so we know what each was thinking. This gave additional depth to the story and defined the characterises and emotions of both characters. It gave us true insight into their in-depth feelings and qualms and even what they truly desired and also what truly scared them, but also intrigued them.

Klaus realizes that he likes the dominant side of himself, but is a little concerned about his darker side, however as they both venture into unknown territory they both realize that Being dominated and dominating is something they both enjoy .

Having reading many BDSM novels, this is the first capture fantasy I have read, and also the first book I have read where the Dom is also new to the lifestyle. Klaus  certainly did his homework well, learning new aspects of the Lifestyle and putting many tricks forth. Cari has certainly put forth this character well, giving me the reader a tantalizing insight into what Klaus is really capable of. 

There are a few scenes that may have you cringing as the reader, Needle play being one. However this didn’t bother me in the slightest. It was very mild – but also intriguing to me. Cari only slightly touched base with this part of the lifestyle but I have to say she gave us quiet a wide variety of goodies in this BDSM novel.

For all those who have never read a BDSM novel this is a great first starter, but I also found as a reader of BDSM I enjoyed this immensely.


The characters were well fleshed out and likeable , the sex scenes, hot, titillating and downright edgy. Certain scenes I enjoyed more than others ( blushes ) but they will definitely have your heart rate souring and your toes curling for more.

I enjoyed the f/f and m/f aspects, I eagerly look forward to more of this in the next novel.

Cari Silverwood made sure that the reader could see what Klaus and Jodie were both experiencing, as the pages were turned - getting them past the doubts they had, and experiencing the lifestyle with the enjoyment one would hope for.

I was certainly intrigued with this story until the very end.




 Rules – there are no rules - ** I thought to myself – shit yeah **. lol.

This is no Romeo and Juliet love story, but it is heart-warming, with many emotional sides to both characters and a great insight into exploring BDSM .

I am certainly not one to get all squeamish reading Domination and submission, Sadism and Masochism but I assure you Take Me , Break me is just right, with a delicious and delightful blend of realistic and fantasy elements. The reader will definitely get a very good grasp that is certainly well detailed, but also very realistic.



(( I have to say I love this cover - so alluring and sexy yet also intriguing ))


This book was provided for me via the author for my honest opinion. This is my opinion of why I enjoyed this book. 

1 comment:

Cari Silverwood said...

Thank you for a wonderful review, Kat.
Nothing better than hearing my book hit the right spot.