Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ignite by Kaitlyn Davis book Review

Today I have book one in Midnight Fire series - Ignite by Kaitlyn Davis. Please find the cover for the book, blurb and my review !







With one last look, one final search of the lines of his face for some sign, Kira turned and ran away from the sound of the man she loved laughing in the face of her death."
When Kira Dawson moves to South Carolina, she meets Luke, a blond goofball who quickly becomes her best friend, and Tristan, a mysterious bad boy who sends shivers down her spine. Kira knows they're keeping secrets, but when she discovers Tristan's lust for blood and her own dormant mystical powers, Kira is forced to fight for her life and make the heartbreaking decision between the familiar comfort of friendship and the fiery passion of love.




My review

<><><><> <><><><>
I must say that Kaitlyn has created yes another vampire story but with a twist to the tale, unique and one of a kind.YES ITS DIFFERENT AND I THROUGHLY ENJOYED IT !! I’m a vampire lover, and enjoy any tale that is certainly unlike any other and that grabs and piques my interest. Ignite certainly did this.

I was drawn into the pages of Ignite from the very beginning and read this till the very end. In one sitting - and even read the chapter teaser for book two ;)

I won’t go into the storyline to much, please do read the blurb it will give you some great info into the plot.

The storyline is definably unique of its own... Yes it contains vampires but this author has initiated something very different in her story. Originality and an intriguing storyline that I’m sure will have you flipping your pages to find out what’s next.

Likeable characters, I’m sure you will giggle with, frown at, and even curse, moments where you heart will be palpitating and a curve ball is thrown in... And of course moments where you will be grinning to yourself. Characters with a great sense of humour, loyalty, and dedication. Yes a love interest I’m sure you will also fall in love with and grow to  hate the evil that dwells.

Ignite is only a short read, but I found its filled with lots of goodies, twists, turns,romance, action and gob smacking moments. At one stage I was having a meltdown....... then Kaitlyn threw another twist in! Relief overcame me lol..

If you’re after a read that is different, but enjoy your vampire stories then this read is for you... Conduit will give you a completely different after thought - and the storyline will have you wanting more way past the end. I eagerly look forward to book two in this series.




4/5


Links below to purchase Ignite



1 comment:

LynnRush said...

That's a sweet cover. I love her eyes. Thanks for the review!