Monday, February 27, 2012

Bitten by Dan O' Brian Book Review

It’s been awhile since I have read a thriller -horror story and I must say I was intrigued by Dan O' Brian's story Bitten. I enjoyed the writing style, fluent flowing and very well detailed storyline. The descriptions are vivid and easily envisaged, many a scene may even cause your hairs on your arms to stand on end and Even certain scenes will make you cringe. The horrific parts will have your heart racing and your blood pumping along with the characters and victims in this story.



BITTEN

A predator stalks a cold northern Minnesotan town. There is talk of wolves walking on two legs and attacking people in the deep woods. Lauren Westlake, resourceful and determined F.B.I Agent, has found a connection between the strange murders in the north and a case file almost a hundred years old. Traveling to the cold north, she begins an investigation that spirals deep into the darkness of mythology and nightmares. Filled with creatures of the night and an ancient romance, the revelation of who hunts beneath the moon is more grisly than anyone could have imagined.


My thoughts !

A  predator  -killer roams the small town On Minnesotan, there is talk of wolves, or bears roaming the bush and killing and attacking people deep within the woods. Vicious deaths have taken place and Lauren Westlake is in the town at the right place. She is F B I, very knowledgeable and was brought to this town by chance that the strange murders all had a connection.

Lauren and the Sergeant of the town begin an investigation that brings about more than any of them could possibly imagine. Creatures of the night are discovered and hundreds of years of Myths and nightmares are brought forth. Lauren finds more than what she ever bargained for.


Dan O' Brian has blended his storyline well, giving the reader, equal amounts of horror, suspense, intrigue and even a little romance within a climax that will have the reader on the edge of their seat !!! Slight humour was added in to give you a giggle - the condiment girl had me smirking. I was drawn into this book within the first few chapters and could say I read this in almost one sitting. I would recommend this to all who enjoy a paranormal filled with horror,and werewolves it is quiet detailed - at times filled with gore, but do keep in mind it has a great scripted storyline to boot. Graphic language is also present so if this offends then this book is not for you !!

I look forward to more of Dan's books in this series; the ending now has me more curious than ever as to where Lauren is on her next Field trip. Am also hoping she may also come across her wolf man somewhere in the future. ** being a romantic at heart - I enjoyed the romance put forth between Lauren and her wolf man, lustful, and delicious ** what can I say! I’d run with wolves any day!!!

4 1/2 stars !!


Bitten can be brought at Amazon Here
You can find Dan O Brian  at his website Here





No comments: