Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hurricane by Jenna-Lynn Duncan Book reivew !

Today I have Jenna Lynn Duncans book Hurricane for review !! Here is the cover and blurb and my thoughts !! I eagerly await book 2 so much more in store .... Thanks to Jenna for supplying me with a copy for review I really enjoyed it .

I anxiously looked around, my heart palpitating, just in time to see an alligator slink into the green algae covered water that was on either side of us. I swallowed hard, and my heart raced even faster. Alligators were a different type of predator—the one thing I was afraid of. Now I was on my own personal swamp tour. What if my kidnappers left me in the middle of a swamp with five of them creeping up on me? I’ve had that nightmare before and—oh no, if my dreams really are a sign of the future—I couldn’t breathe now." Adriana couldn’t decide what was worse—that Hurricane Katrina was heading for New Orleans, or that she might not survive her kidnapping to see its potential effects. She had trusted Hayden, even fallen for him, and now he and his brother Luke were taking her deeper and deeper into the Bayou. Why had two of her classmates, the mysterious Boudreaux brothers, kidnapped her? Why had Adriana’s dreams started predicting the future? Most importantly, would she make it out of the Bayou ?




*********************************************************************************

Ok, so where do I start, do I mention this book has two hotty brothers,** SWOON BIG TIME **
one a good guy( Initially at first you may not think so - you may want to kick his arragant arse ) and one a baddy- but goody... hard to explain but you must read to find out? Now you're thinking oh this is De JA vu two brothers one bad - one good you have heard it all before!!

Well you're wrong... !!!!!

Jenna has created a unique storyline to go with her great cast of characters. Characters that I'm sure will have to hot to trot and eagerly reading to find out why and whats happening. !!!


An intriguing storyline, masterfully woven, containing the world of the paranormal, but also with extra goodies thrown in to suck you in - a world that Jenna has created. Paranormals, voodoo,, spells, potions... hmmm now your intrigued right !

Hurricane contains - Romance, kick arse- action, a little bit of love and also twist in the storyline I'm sure you won't see coming. A kickarse female character that certainly stands her ground, knows what she wants and takes charge. No whiny girl, like in some Ya novels, this girl was certainly a sight for sore eyes!!! Adriana was a bomb and did as she pleased and what she thought was right. There was enough romance, action and suspense to keep your interest piqued throughout, villians Im sure you would love to do some serious mojo on and also times when you giggle. ** remember to never accept drinks from strangers no matter how good it tastes lol **

Jenna created a rich setting in New Orleans - before and after , and the effects after the Hurricane Katrina, the devastation and also blended with interesting information to her story that I'm sure you will be googling afterwards in regards to New Orleans - The ghosts and other interesting aspects. The setting being realistic and the devastation also.

A great cast of supporting characters that are easily liked. Two hotties for us to drool over, both mysterious yet sexy, I'm sure you will find it hard to work out where the boy's interests lead. This is a turn of events I'm sure will leave your heart palpitating and wandering Hmmmm .. ** swoon ** I want them both !! lol.

An added bit of extra (( cant tell to much )) - to the story giving it that paranormal element I love to see.

The story was steadily paced, dialogue fluent and chapters all running smoothly from one to the next. A well paced storyline, creating memento as it went on and Jenna added more as she went to give it that ** I WANT MORE ** effect. As the story continued the plot thickened and I'm sure that my pages where almost wafting as I sped through to find out more! The only downfall - of course I wanted more !!! An ending I didn't predict... what so ever, but this leaves a lot open for us to think about !

Hurricane takes you on a Journey with Adriana - her life without a mother,her fathers lack of interest in her, her lonlieness - the before , during and after effects of Cyclone Katrina, meeting two strange boys who say they want to protect her , yet kidnap her, and introduced to a world she never knew existed. A world filled with magic - potions, mayhem, murder,mystery and a world of Paranormals Im sure you have never crossed before !!


We are left at an ending I'm sure will leave you wanting more. I eagerly look forward to book 2 to find out where the love interests lead and to find out more into Adriana and her new found sight!
 
Jenna - Lynn Duncan Goodreads
 
Copy and pasted from goodreads Via Jenna's page
 
Six years ago , Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, La. Today, my novel "Hurricane" is officially released. A portion from each sale of the book will go to charity (the New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity).
 

1 comment:

JoAnne Kenrick said...

This sounds fantastic!! Thanks for the review, Katrina xx *rushes to her goodreads to-read list*